Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been an interesting week. Elder Alexander left for Brazil.  We had transfers and I got transferred. My new companion is Elder Romny.

Tuesday was Elder Alexander's big day.  President Keyes called us early in the morning. He was telling Elder Alexander good-bye and informing me about me leaving. He was shutting down the Elder in the First ward since lots of visa waiters left for their missions and not a lot were coming out. He told us he wanted our place to be cleaned real good and left better that we found it. We then carpooled with the zone leaders to the stake center where Elder and Sister Rasmussen picked up Elder Alexander to take him to the airport. I spent the rest of the day with the zone leaders. We meet with the stake presidency in the evening.  We got transfer calls. I told us that I was leaving and going to Harrisonville to serve with Elder Romny.

Wednesday Elder Moss and I finished packing our stuff and we said good bye to some of the people that I was working with and those they were working with.

Thursday was transfer day! We all meet at the stake center in Independence. I turned in the phone and keys for the St Joe area. I found my new companion Elder Romny. He is from New Mexico. We drove back to our place in Raymore. We are serving in the Harrisonville ward in the Raymore area. We got to our place to find that it was a mess.  Elder Cortez hadn't cleaned out his stuff or the apartment. I did some cleaning before I could start to unpack.  We don't have a full time car so we share and this wasn't our week to have it. We walk tons to find everyone not home. We had dinner with the James Family, they took us to Golden Coral.  It was good.

Friday we did even more walking. We meet with Bobbi and talked with her about Jesus Christ.  We did some tracting but it was not effective here, no one wants to talk with us about church. We had dinner with the Bishop and his family. After that we help prepare for a get together since the Workmans in the ward are leaving. The members sent us home with tons of treats after it was over.

Saturday we did more walking trying to see some investigators and meet the members. It is starting to get hot out here in Missouri.  We had dinner with the Workmans. They are leaving for Australia this next week.

Sunday was Fast Sunday. We had tons of meetings in the morning. We almost spent the whole day at church. We sung in the choir before church started.  We have church meting very late in the afternoon. When Bishop Bessette stood up to bear his testimony he told the congregation that after he was finished that Elder Allen would then come up. He didn't even give me a heads up. We had dinner with the Tracys.

I had a great week. I am excited to be in a new ward and to be with Elder Romny. Thanks for all the letters.

My new Address is:

Elder Benjamin Allen
514 Sky Vue Dr. #C
Raymore Mo 64083

Love Elder Benjamin Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.