Monday, December 2, 2013

Dec 1, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,

Elder Horne and I had an interesting week.

Monday was the mission cleaning day. Everyone had to deep clean the apartments. We couldn't go and play sports or go anywhere accept for shopping. We had dinner with the Laseur Family. Brother Laseur is a member that hasn't been active for years.  His wife wants to learn more and then sometime get baptized so they can go to the Temple together.

Tuesday we went to the Biggs.  At that house there are 4 generations living in the one house. The great grandmother, Sister Biggs and Sister Miller, her daughter, are members. The rest of the family is not members.  We are helping Sister Biggs get ready to go to the temple. We were finally able to meet with Alex. She has been sick and just not here in the ward. She finally got an apartment in the ward. We were able to take Nieem with us. We taught her part of the commandments. It worked out that when we dropped Nieem off where the other Elders were being picked up for dinner. We had meat loaf for dinner. After dinner we were able to get in with Brother Pond. He is a less active member and his wife wants to know more just doesn't want to be baptized yet.

Wednesday not a lot of people wanted to talk with us. They were all busy preparing for Thanksgiving.   We went to see David and help him with some of his questions from the Book of Mormon. We are now teaching Lela and Brother Wright.  She was Muslim and is living with a less active member. She wants to learn more and help Brother Wright come back to church. It is a little hard to teach her with no previous knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Thursday Thanksgiving!!   We did studies in the morning and weekly planning.  At about 12, we went to Michael’s. He is from Nigeria and meet with sister missionaries from the Liberty jail. After teaching him the restoration and him knowing all of what we were teaching him, we went the Webster’s. They had invited us over for Thanksgiving lunch. The food there was great. I ate lots. After the Webster’s we went to Bro Graham’s.  It was like 3 that we had dinner there. He wanted missionaries to come over for dinner since it was a tradition. It was also his first Thanksgiving with out his wife. The food there was good also. I tried not to eat as much. We left with lots of food for leftovers. After dinner we went home and took naps since we couldn't do much. No one wanted to meet with us.

Friday we had a training conference call. President Keyes and the APs taught us what to do during winter and what to do after dark. We then went to see Martha, she told us her life story. She is planning on moving to a different state this next year. We went tracking and found some new people to teach. We had dinner with Sister Gay. She had family over that were not members and we talked with them about the gospel and their experiences with missionaries and the church.

Saturday we tried to see some less actives and most of them were moved. That afternoon we had a ward get together at the Webster’s. Not a lot came. We had a big bond fire; Elder Horne and I were in charge of that. We had lots of barbecue and snores. The leftovers were sent with us. We have a ton of meat now. We then taught Sister Biggs and Sister Miller the New member lesson 1. It went great they had made us pumpkin roll and chocolate gravy.

Sunday we had church and it was fast and testimony meeting. We had some interesting testimonies. After sacrament meeting we met Sister Reid and her daughter and soon to be Son in law. Brother Andy Reid is the Coach for the Chiefs. He lives in the ward and attends when he can. We had to relay a message to her about a player that is meeting with missionaries. We taught sharing time in primary. It was on thankfulness and how we need to be thankful for all. After Church we meet with Michael again and he gave us a 2 letter of coke because it is custom to give coke to a guest. After that we meet with the Barkers. They build Guitars for a living. Their shop has lots of cool tools.  We had dinner with the Ramirezs. After dinner we were trying to meet with members before our 8:30 appointment with Bro Potter. Bishop wants us to meet with him and teach him and review with him so he can go to the temple.

We had a great week and next we don't have the car and are going to bike tons. I love you all and hope you are doing great. Thanks for the letters.

Elder Benjamin Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.