Monday, November 18, 2013

Nov 18, 2013

Dear Family And Friends

I am doing great, lots happen this week. This week was transfers. Elder Weatherford was transferred to Independence.
Benjamin and Elder Weatherford
Monday we went shopping and went to thrift stores but didn't find anything that I could get. We went out to Lee summit and went bowling with most of the Elders in the Area. It was fun to be able to go bowling. I got the 3rd highest score on one of the games.

Tuesday we were able to meet with Donzell. We taught him about how his thoughts lead to actions and then to habits. He is trying to quit smoking to become a member again.  We meet with Alex and taught her about Jesus Christ and the Gospel that He set up. We then saw Shirley but not Martino he was at basketball practice. We taught her about the plan of salvation.  We had dinner with Bishop and his family.  After dinner we meet with Bishop to update him about the members of the ward. We have been seeing lots of the members that are unknown on the list.

Wednesday Elder Weatherford packed and we went around telling people good by. While he was packing I cleaned the apartment so it would be nice and clean for the new Elder. 

Thursday was transfers. We drove to Independence to the mission office to meet for transfers and to pick up our new companions. My new companion Is Elder Horne.  He is from California and has been out for a year. He served in Topeka in the same ward where Elder Andrew Allen is.  He served there for 6 months then went to Liberty. His ward was the one around the Temple. We had dinner with the Laseur Family then had a lesson with them. We taught them about Jesus Christ and what He did for us.  We tried to have correlation with the ward missionaries but no one showed up and Bro Belliston was called into work. We were able to finally find Ty and Amy at home. They are both working and are very busy.

Friday we saw lots of people.  We tried lots of former investigators and less active members. We learned that most of them have moved. The appointments we did have canceled on us. We help a man rake up his leaves and bag them. We were able to also find some new people to teach.

Saturday was a busy day. We had a baptism we need to go to Since Elder Horne need to baptize Tina. It was back in his old area so we had to find a member to take us.  We found one to take us then the time of the baptism changed so we had to find some one different to take us.  It was a great baptism.  After the baptism the sister missionaries in the ward wanted to each have a blessing. Elder Horne gave one to sister Perez. I was asked by Sister Jacobs to give her a blessing. It was the first that I given to a missionary. It was great to have the Priesthood and to be able to give a blessing. I know what I said was what the Lord wanted me to say to Sister Jacobs, We had a busy day after the baptism. We taught Martino and read with him from the Book of Mormon.

Sunday we had 5 investigators that came to church. I was able to help with the sacrament and bless the bread. We tried lots of people in the south part of the ward. We were able to meet with lots of people. Then after dinner no one wanted to talk with us since the Chefs were playing. 

This week has been great but a little hard since I now had to make all the decisions.  I miss Elder Weatherford but Elder Horne is cool and has lots of experience.  This transfer is going to be short and only 5 weeks.  I might be leaving this next transfer. So if you want to send me things it would be nice if I could get them before the 18th of December. I love this area and the people here in Kansas City. They are awesome.

I love you all.
Elder Benjamin Allen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.